Open doors program
At the Y, we believe everyone deserves the chance to experience holistic wellness-spirit, mind and body. The Open Doors Program, supported in part by our Annual Strong Kids Campaign, provides families, children and adults with the financial assistance they need to obtain quality Youth Programs, Sports Programs and Health and Wellness services.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE AND HOW IS THE AMOUNT DETERMINED?
Anyone is welcome to apply for our Open Doors Program. The amount of assistance granted is based on the application process and review of the required documentation provided by the applicant. Our Open Doors Program reduces fees, but does not eliminate them. The Y believes a strong sense of ownership and pride is developed when our Open Doors recipients contribute to the cost of their YMCA involvement.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Complete the two-page application and provide all income information and documentation for each individual in the household. Each application must provide a copy of the most recently filed Federal Income tax form, 1040, for each adult in the household.
- Attach copies of 2 current paystubs and/or other applicable documents from section 2 of the application for each adult in the household.
- Applications that are not complete and/or do not have copies of required documentation will be mailed back to the applicant requesting additional information. Please include copies (no originals) of documents.
- Submit all your information together. Submitting information separately will delay your application process.
- Send all information to:
- Columbus Family YMCA
Attention: Open Doors Program
3912 38th St
Columbus, NE 68601
Or scan and email: email@example.com
- Columbus Family YMCA
- The YMCA will not apply financial assistance to past registrations or memberships. After an application has be approved, assistance can be applied to all relevant memberships and programs moving forward through the expiration date. Please note, you will need to reapply for the Open Doors Program Annually.
HOW WILL I KNOW IF I QUALIFY?
Please allow 15 business days for your application to be processed. Once it is processed you will receive an approval letter in the mail.
IF APPROVED, WILL MY ASSITANCE AUTOMATICALLY BE APPLIED TO MY ACCOUNT?
If you’re new to the Open Doors Program, you will have 30 days to come to the Y and activate your account. If you are a renewing participant in the Open Doors Program , any approval rate will be automatically applied to your account. If you are new to the Open Doors Program but are a current Y member, the approval rate will be automatically applied to your account.
CAN MY ASSISTANCE BE APPLIED TO PAST PROGRAMS AND MEMBERSHIP?
The YMCA will not apply financial assistance to past registrations or memberships. After an application has been approved, assistance can be applied to all relevant memberships and programs moving forward through the expiration date.
WHAT KIND OF DOCUMENTATION DO I NEED TO INCLUDE?
The Columbus Family YMCA Open Doors Financial Assistance Program requires copies of the appropriate documentation to be submitted along with the Open Doors Application. Below is a list of documentation that are acceptable income verification.
- Federal 1040 form-2 pages
- If someone in the household is self-employed, then a schedule C form is also needed.
- If you do not have a copy of the tax return, you can get one by calling the IRS at 800-829-1040 or by visiting their website at www.irs.gov
- Two current/consecutive paystubs from each working adult in the household. Paystubs must show your gross pay.
- If paystubs are unavailable, a letter from the employer on letterhead stating the average number of hours/week and hourly wage is acceptable. Bank statements do not show gross pay and is not an acceptable form of documentation.
Social Security/SSI/ Disability
- A letter from the Social Security Administration stating the current amount received and/or 1040 Federal tax form showing the income (line 14).
Retirement/Pension/IRA or Trust Fund Income
- Letter from the company or fund stating the amount and frequency that its received, a monthly statement or 1040 tax form lines 11 and 12 showing IRA/Pension income.