School Days Out Camp
Every day that Columbus, Lakeview, and private schools are out, care is available at the YMCA!
Kids will have the opportunity to play games, go outside, swim, do crafts, and more. Lunch, snacks, weather-appropriate clothing, swimsuit, towel, and quiet time activity need to be brought from home.
Member pricing: $25/child or $50/all siblings in family
Non-member pricing: $35/child or $70/all siblings in family
This spring break, March 13-17, the YMCA is excited to host its annual spring break camp! Kids can be dropped off starting at 7:30am and must be picked up by 5:30pm.
Spring break camp includes playing at the Y, going on local field trips, and swimming each day. Register for the whole week or just a few days, depending on your family’s schedule. Lunch, snacks, weather-appropriate clothing, swimsuit, towel, and quiet time activity need to be brought from home.
Member pricing: $140/week or $30/day
Non-member pricing: $160/week or $35/day
Summer camp registration for YMCA day camps opens March 17, 2023!
Camps will be offered for students who have completed K-4 in the 2022-23 school year every week June 5-August 4 except for the week of July 3. Chipmunk camp for kids ages 4-5 will be offered in the morning and afternoon July 5-7. Camp hours are 7:30-4:30 each day. After-care is available for an additional fee.
Registration will be available online at columbusy.org or in person at the YMCA front desk. Register by April 1 for a discount. If you are registering multiple kids from the same household, a discount is available.
YMCA camps will include outdoor exploring, swimming and games at the YMCA, and a weekly field trip. Come spend your summer with the Y!
- June 5-9: Animal Kingdom; Field Trip: Wildlife Safari Park
- June 12-16: Experimentation Nation; Field Trip: Explorit Science Center
- June 19-23: Space Explorers; Field Trip: Morrill Hall
- June 26-30: Live in Color (with add-on horse option); Field Trip: Artzy Haven
- July 5-7: Chipmunk Camp (See below: AM or PM option)
- July 10-14: Sports and More; Field Trip: Top Golf
- July 17-21: Water Week; Field Trip: Island Oasis
- July 24-28: Christmas in July (with add-on horse option); Field Trip: TBA
- July 31-August 4: Columbus Staycation; Local Field Trips each day
- Weekly: $150/members and $180/non-members
- Daily: $35/members and $40/non-members
- Daily (on field trip days): $45/members and $50/non-members
- Horseback Ride optional add-on: $30 additional (June 29 and July 27)
- After-care (4:30-6pm): $3/day or $10/week
- July 5-7
- AM session: 8-11am
- PM session: 1-4pm
- For ages 4-5, must have turned 4 by May 15, 2023
- Weekly: $50/members and $70 for non-members
- Daily: $20/members and $25/non-members
- Early bird discount: $10 off if registered by April 1
- Sibling: 5% off 2nd child, 10% off 3rd child, 15% off 4th child for children signing up for the same full week of camp. (Does not apply to daily rate or different weeks. Cannot be combined with Early Bird discount).
How do I register?
You have two options! Register online at columbusy.org by clicking “Online Registration” in the bar at the top of the page or come register at the front desk at the YMCA.
Is there financial aid available?
Yes. Please contact the YMCA for more information if you would like to request financial assistance.
Who will be taking care of my child?
Camp counselors are selected for their willingness to work with children and experience a pre-camp orientation period prior to the first week of camp. Character references and background checks are conducted on all camp staff. The overall day camp program is supervised by the YMCA youth director. All staff are First Aid and CPR certified. The YMCA will maintain at maximum a staff to camper ratio of 1:15.
What will my child do all day?
Campers will meet at the YMCA. Most mornings will be spent at Camp Pawnee doing outdoor activities, including games, archery, canoeing, and hiking. In the afternoon, campers will ride the bus back to the YMCA where they will play more games, swim, and sometimes do bouncehouses. Each week, campers will have the opportunity to go on an out-of-town field trip.
Where and when do I pick up and drop off my child?
All pick-up and drop-off is at the Columbus Family YMCA. Please accompany your campers and check in with camp staff. Campers will not be released unless an adult on their authorized pick-up list is there to pick them up. Drop-off is between 7:30 and 8:15am. The bus will leave around 8:30am each day. Pick-up is between 4:15-4:30. If campers are picked up at 4:40pm or later, they will be charged for after-care. After-care is available for $3/day or $10/week and extends the pick-up time to 6pm.
Does this camp have a religious affiliation?
The Columbus Family YMCA’s mission is “To put Christian Principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.” Because of this mission, we are a faith-based day camp and will reinforce Christian values and teaching during daily chapel time and opening and closing each day. We seek to be examples of God’s love toward our campers and camp families. We are open to all campers regardless of religious affiliation.
What if my child is not a good swimmer?
Every camper who wants to swim will take a swim test on their first day of camp! Their results will determine how deep of water they can swim in. If your child does not want to swim, we will have camp staff leading other games and activities. Chipmunk campers will not have time in their day to swim at the Y.
What does my child need to bring?
- Wear clothes that can get dirty
- Tennis shoes that can get dirty or sandals with a back strap (no flip-flops, tennis shoes are preferred)
- Labeled daypack to hold items
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- Non-perishable lunch with no peanuts or tree nuts (Thursday/Friday only)
- Swimsuit and towel
- Book, journal, or personal activity for quiet time
- Rain jacket
- DON’T BRING
- Electronics, including cell phones and smart watches
- Valuable items or money
- Clothes or shoes that cannot get dirty
- Peanut or tree nut products
What if I need to get a hold of my child while they are at camp?
We encourage campers to have independent experiences while at camp. If you have an emergency and need to communicate with your camper, please call the YMCA at 402-564-9477 and they will contact camp staff to relay a message.
What will the campers due if there is severe weather or another emergency?
Camp staff are trained in emergency protocols for severe thunderstorms, tornado warnings, and other possible emergencies.
This camp is for ages 6-12. Kids can join in many activities such as field trips, swimming, gym, activities, and guest speakers. Kids can arrive as early as 7:30am and leave no later then 5:30pm. They will need to bring their own lunch. You can sign up for a specific day or all 4 days.
Member: $30 per day, $100 week
Non-member: $40 per day, $125 week
Ages: 6-12 years old